Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Life Changing Experience

I just completed the 81st encaustic workshop I have given here in San Miguel. I hear myself saying, that is enough. I need time for my own work. I must invest weeks or months into creating my online workshops, and then something happens that touches my heart, like today, when Beth, who had never had a brush in her hands, and had considered herself to be completely non-creative, hugged me when she was leaving and said, "This has been a life changing experience."What a precious gift I have been given.

Transfers and collage

stencil and scraping

transfers, collage, stamping. oil glaze, charcoal
Because of illness, there were only 2 participants in this advanced workshop and it became a close sharing exchange. My workshops are in my home studio and it is an intimate setting.

The encaustic teaching experience has been a blessing in my life. I have met wonderful people and I have have hundreds of photos of them in photo books.

How long will I be able to stay away from teaching?



Here are some photos of the demos I made for this workshop. Check out the workshop blog to see photos of the work created. http:ezshwan.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.