Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Painting in oil?

I have been working for weeks on the preparation and posting of my online classes. Filming the videos was nothing compared to the challenges I have had to get them accessable for downloading. Each video took about 2 hours to upload to Vimeo, and there are 11 classes. So, while waiting for that to process, I started an oil painting of a child that is a commission. The parents, at first, wanted the portrait in encasutic, but I felt that is needed to be much softer and convinced them that oil would be better. It is interesting to pick up oil paint, after so many years of just using encaustic. I haven't done a portrait of a child in at least 19 years.
2 days of work so far- with lots of interruptions








































No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.