Saturday, May 17, 2014

painting in oils

I picked up my computer yesterday and it is like having a good friend come back into my life.

It has been years since I painted just with oils. I have been using encaustic, sometimes combined with oil for about 15 years.


I was inspired by a beautiful new model we are using for life drawing, and will be posting progress of some oil sketches. Photographing the progress is very helpful. I tell my students that after an hour, the eye doesn't see the same, so looking at the photos gives me a new perspective.

I am thinking that I like the beginning painting better than the last. I do start to get picky with figurative work. What do you think?

I'll start with just a few and tomorrow post the whole series of another one.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.