Saturday, November 8, 2014

Last night's salon

This slide is the first abstract painting I made in art school in 1953
My friend,  fellow artist, and retired gallerista, Joaquin PiƱeiro hosted his first monthly salon and I was the guest speaker. I talked about my 60 year journey as an artist  accompanied by a slide presentation. It was certainly a trip down memory lane for me, and hopefully the audience gained an insight to an artist life and motivation.

Joaquin opens his studio for these events and has lined up a fascinating group of presenters.
San Miguel has countless fascinating people artists writers musicians and story tellers. These salons will allow the public to meet some of these creative people free of charge. The space is limited, so reservations are a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.