Thursday, November 20, 2014

My heart is heavy

Alexander Mora Venancio


This is a paint sketch that I made yesterday to honor and remember one of the 43 students that was abducted in September. Today is a day of remembrance and there will be protests across Mexico. Artists both Mexican and international have been asked to make a portrait of one of the students. i choose Alexander. While studying the features of this young man, I wiped the tears from my eyes so I could continue to paint. My thoughts were with him, his family and his country. and my own grandsons.  I will take this oil on paper sketch somewhere public today to add my prayers and pain to that of my adopted country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.