Friday, November 21, 2014

The Power of Women Artists

"The Brush is My Torch"
The Power of the Brush, 80 cm x 100 cm

"Contemplation", 36 " x 36"

After a few months work, I finished the last painting of this series. It is my interpretation of powerful women painters.

 I see visual artists as souls with a mission to communicate; therefore I named this series of paintings "The Messenger"
These paintings portray the painter’s mood, consciousness, and inner struggle to convey feelings in a nonverbal way; conveying ideas or understanding in the viewer’s consciousness. Why make art, if not to be seen and shared with a wider audience? We connect our spirits through art.
 

I am convinced that we paint who we are, and I believe that women often work more from deep feelings and inner guidance than men. Our personalities and beliefs influence the work.
Why do I portray only women painters? There are more women artists than men. More women graduate from art school, and I am a woman who has had experience with artistic
prejudice, that still continues. Now is the time to embrace and recognize women artists' contributions, artists both dead and alive, to a greater degree. 


The Brush is My Truth, 80 cm x 100 cm self-portrait) the last one in the series


The Power of Art"

Painting is My Spiritual Connection"
"I Only Have Eyes for Art", 80 cm x 100 cm


"Waiting For The Muse", 80 cm x 100 cm


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.