Thursday, January 1, 2015

Show opens tomorrow

I have spent the last couple of days hanging my paintings in the gallery for this show. It is a mother and daughter exhibit.  It feels good. I co-owned 2 art galleries in the States and was a professional art installer - it just seemed natural and spontaneous. We'll go back to the gallery today to finish up and get ready for tomorrow's reception. San Miguel de Allende is filled with people and the tourist season officially has started, so I hope the next 2 wees will bring us a lot of people to view and buy
 I am showing my Into the Silence series. Although it is not the newest series, it has not been shown publicly, except for the Internet sales.

Receiving, oil and encasutic

This painting is intended to be the focus of the first room in the gallery, since it already has won an award on a online competition; but, while trying to move the light on it, it fell; so that will have to be fixed today - by someone much taller than I.
The building that houses the gallery is 400 years old and the ceiling is very high. I will take pictures of the installation when completed and lit properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.