Sunday, June 7, 2015

Jazz Paintings

For more than 12 years, I painted and sketched only jazz musicians. I traveled with my late husband to recording sessions, jazz festivals and concerts and always had my sketchbook with me, I drew with ink, working rapidly. The musicians were in action and I wanted to catch the energy. I converted many of these sketches into paintings that I exhibited at the Nice (France) jazz festival every summer. I continued to go to jazz clubs to sketch even after Kai died, but realized after a couple of years that jazz wasn't a big part of my life anymore, and moved on to other series. It is nice to look back and remember that special time.

The paintings are no longer available. All have been sold. One is in a museum permanent collection; another is in a college permanent collection.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.