Monday, August 3, 2015

A commission

I had the pleasure of making a portrait of a friend to celebrate her release from the intensity and pain of her past to her recent happiness and emotional freedom. Her story will be told in detail in her upcoming memoir. When I studied her pose and the photos I took,  I sensed gold all around her; so, that is why I used gold leaf in the background. It was later was later softened with an oil paint glaze and a resist. I am only showing her head, shoulders and hands, since it is a nude painting and for private viewing.

early stages of painting with bright gold in the background, before the glazes




more refining on the face
finished portrait (partial)

,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.