Wednesday, October 21, 2015

New Painting, oil over encasutic

I am able to spend an hour a day in the studio now. The pain and exhaustion of Shingle is lessening.

I am continuing with my series; Women Who Changed the World. This one is Rachael Carson.

As with all of this series, I am painting over older encaustic paintings that no longer hold any interest for me. I fuse the first coupe of layers of oil over the encasutic to permanently bond with the back ground. This requires very good ventilation and I wear a mask.

I will be making at least one video of the entire process of how I work. Below, is the starting place; a non-object color study  in encaustic, and yesterday's work. I am almost finished, jut need to work on her hair and the background.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.