Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving, 2015, I am grateful.

In San Miguel de Allende, where I live, I am spending my 12th Thanksgiving out of the U.S.

Many times, I have joined friends in restaurants, once or twice I made a traditional Thanksgiving meals, including the turkey, just for the smell, and my carnivore friends. I have have been a vegetarian for over 30 years, but on this day, I miss the aroma of turkey.

This year, it will be simple and small, my wonderful neighbors will come here for a feast for just 3 people. I can't imagine better company on this day. I am grateful for this couple everyday of the year.

To get into spirit of the day, I have been listening to NPR with tales and reports of Thanksgiving in the United States.

I am grateful for the people I am privileged to meet through my encaustic workshops. I have been teaching this technique for about 10 years and have shared it with almost every artist who had an interest in San Miguel. The last year, I have had mostly students from the States and Canada who are visiting this beautiful town. My classes have been predominately private. I enjoy  these especially  because I can focus on just what techniques the artist wants to experience and get to know the student personally. These interesting people, mostly women, are people I would never have met without the Internet and teaching.

I am grateful for my returning health and energy. And so much more.

Lucy was here Tuesday

Carol had her day, Wednesday



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.