Saturday, February 13, 2016

I Need a Title

 I started this series, thinking of old black and white photos with a touch of sepia to add to the aged look. This is the 6th painting in the series. I started with a charcoal drawing, then layers of encasutic, that I struggled with because my studio is sooo cold. The wax sets up immediately and it is hard to get it smooth. After the encasutic, I add oil glazes and do a lot of scraping; then add charcoal to emphazise the blacks. All that needs to be fused for permanency.

I am missing color. The next one will be more colorful. I am planning 6 more paintings. I feel a series needs at least 12 paintings.

charcoal on milk paint, on board


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.