Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Sometimes It Is Really Difficult

Yesterday I began to think, "You can't paint anymore" I know that is negative self talk and serves no purpose. I had been working on a painting for many days and it seemed to be getting worse and worse. I painted over the first face. A day later I sanded down the face, each attempt at improving it was more depressing. Instead of following my own advice; "Put it out of sight and check it in a couple of days." I turned it facing the wall for a couple of hours and then couldn't leave it alone.

Today, I am feeling more positive and I believe I can finish it tomorrow.

What do you think?
Here is where I stopped today. The arm and background needs refining, but I am finally happy with the face.

First day. I liked the freedom of the brush strokes

Day 2. I thought I was refining


Looking back at this, it really wasn't that bad, but it had to be destroyed. I started to sand the surface.


This one was quite nice, but I was driven to get rid of it also.


I painted over the existing image and it really was terrible

Tried to improve it, but still it wasn't right                                                                         






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.