Sunday, August 21, 2016

A Hero And A Victim

We, my daughter Cynthia and I, share a lovely home outside the city of San Miguel de Allende Mexico. Our neighborhood has been victimized by robberies and attempted break ins. Our older dog, Ziggy , a Boxer, had been poisoned in May. The quick response of Cynthia saved his life . He is a great dog but when alarmed by suspicious activity he is a force to be reckoned with.

Our next door neighbors were robbed in daylight while we were in Mexico City for my birthday . Ours dogs were also on vacation and not at home. BTW, my birthday was fantastic.

We got home Sunday night. The dogs came home Monday. That night when Cynthia took the dogs out for their evening romp, she saw 3 men on bicycles in front of our neighbors gate. Our hero Ziggy went after them and they raced off, but not before they threw down an old blanket, that is used to cover razor wire or broken glass that tops walls around houses,  and a hanger-like tool that helps scale the walls. At this time they also dropped the poison used to kill guard dogs.

Ziggy was the hero, but our 8 month old puppy  Sahsa, consumed the poisoned bait. She was the victim. She is under care and we and supportive friends are praying for her survival. We believe all the vet care and the prayers will give her the energy to heal and come back to us.

I have not spent much time in the studio this week and my computer crashed today so there are no photos.

Tomorrow morning I will have some dental surgery and get my computer to a geek .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.