Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Silence and Solitude Are An Artist's Best Friends

I am a long time mediator.  I can't image my life without the quiet times of stillness and inspiration.  I strive for the harmony of of complete silence, but sometime flashes of thoughts pop into my my mind. On occasion, they are of a new series of paintings, just when I feel artistically dry. Other times I am filled with joy and understanding. It seems I get what I need when I need it. At this moment I am struggling with the feeling of pain over  the division of people in the United States that this election has caused. I pray that this chasm may be healed by understanding and love.

 My paintings express my deepest thoughts and consciousness . My painting below reveals what I am seeking in my solitude today. The best thing that I can do for myself is stay away from more inflammatory news and comments and retreat into the Silence.
Holding The World, 24" x 24' encaustic on board



I haven't had much time in the studio the past few weeks. Cynthia Hamilton and I installed our 2 person show in  Mineral de Pozos. We filled the 3 galleries with encaustic paintings and with Once Upon My Pillow up-cycled pillows. If you haven't seen the video, here it is.
https://vimeo.com/188160442


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.