Friday, December 30, 2016

A Year of Painting

As the year is about to end, most of us review what 2016 has held for us.

For me health issues threw a few bumps in the road. The 5 months of shingles lasted into 2016 and then there were 3 issues with an abscessed tooth within 5 months.

Dec 28th while trying to make a left turn a truck crashed into the back of my car. I walked away shaken but unhurt. The car is a mess. The complicated negotiations with the police, the insurance agent and the other driver took 6 1/2 hours.


BUT, I am grateful for all the blessings that continue to flow to me; family, friends, clients, my spiritual path, a gallery show, a successful sale of paintings in July, and we have a precious new puppy;

 I completed 2 series, a portrait commission, some abstracts on paper and continue to teach private students who want to make encaustic painting that are more than just a nice surface:

Below are samples from the 2016 series and paintings:

commission

encaustic on paper

From Women Who Changed The World

Grandma's Picture In The Attic, form the series, "Memories"

Metamorphosis

From the series, "Pensive"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.