Friday, March 24, 2017

Old Paintings Rediscovered

As long as I can remember, I have worked in series. I recently found photos of one of my earlier series, created in the early 90's, and I fondly remembered making these paintings in my studio above the enormous (10,400 sq.ft.) gallery I co-owned in Scottsdale AZ. It was August and so hot the gallery was closed for the month. I got to my studio before 6 am to be able to work before the blazing heat made it impossible.
I chose to flatten the background and use colors that I had never used before, some with lavender and orange. I disliked the color lavender and thought combining it with orange was outlandish. I wish I had all the images, but here is one and some more in the same vein created the same year.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.